NOTICE OF POTENTIAL ANNEXATION OF TERRITORY
The City of Lake Oswego has received annexation petitions for two parcels and a section of Pilkington Road public right-of-way, which are located within the Urban Service Boundary of the City of Lake Oswego. They are located at:
• 18833 Indian Creek Avenue (21E19AA05700)
• 16365 Boones Ferry Road (21E07DD00101)
• 630 foot section of the Pilkington Road Public right-of-way between 16825 Pilkington Road and McEwan Road
The Lake Oswego City Council will hold public hearings on Tuesday, February 2, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chamber, 380 A Avenue, Lake Oswego, Oregon to consider these annexation petitions and proposed ordinances, including the designation of zone(s).
Annexations are adopted by ordinance. The titles of the ordinances are:
Ordinance No. 2702
An ordinance annexing to the City of Lake Oswego one parcel consisting of 0.24 acres located at 18833 Indian Creek; declaring City of Lake Oswego zoning pursuant to LOC 50.01.004.5(a-c); and removing the territory from certain districts (AN 15-0020).
Ordinance No. 2703
An ordinance annexing to the City of Lake Oswego one parcel consisting of 0.65 acres located at 16365 Boones Ferry Road; declaring City of Lake Oswego zoning pursuant to LOC 50.01.004.5; and removing the territory from certain districts (AN 15-0021).
Ordinance No. 2704
An ordinance annexing to the City of Lake Oswego a 630 foot section of the Pilkington Road public right-of-way located between 16825 Pilkington Road and McEwan Road; declaring City of Lake Oswego zoning pursuant to LOC 50.01.004.5(a-c); and removing the territory from certain districts (AN 15-0022).
1. Oregon Revised Statutes, Boundary Changes; Mergers and Consolidations
• ORS 222.111(2) Annexation of Contiguous Territory, Authority and procedure for annexation, generally.
• ORS 222.125 Annexation by consent of all owners of all of the land in the area to be annexed and not less than 50% of the registered voters living in the area.
• ORS 222.170 Annexation by consent of more than half of the owners of land in the territory to be annexed, who also own more than half of the land in the territory.
2. Metro Code
• 3.09.040(a)(1-7) Minimum Requirements for Petitions.
• 3.09.050 Uniform Hearing Requirements for Final Decisions.
• 3.09.050(b)(1-5), (d)(1-5).
3. Lake Oswego Community Development Code
• Section 50.05.009.4 Zoning of Annexed Areas
• Section 50.01.004.5 Comprehensive Plan Map Designations Automatically Applied Upon Annexations; Exceptions.
4. Lake Oswego Comprehensive Plan Policies
Goal 14, Policies 10, 13, 14
Two of the Applicants are requesting annexation to obtain City services and the City is requesting annexation to maintain consistency with the maintenance jurisdiction for a portion of Pilkington Road right-of-way. In accordance with LOC 50.01.004.5, the following City zoning designation will be applied:
AN 15-0020 and AN 15-0022: R-10 (10,000 square feet area per unit)
AN 15-0021: GC (General Commercial)
Anyone interested in commenting may either speak during the public hearing or submit written comments by 5:00 p.m. on February 2, 2016 to:
Anne-Marie Simpson, City Recorder
City of Lake Oswego
380 A Avenue, Third Floor
P.O. Box 369 Fax: (503) 697-6594
Lake Oswego, OR 97034 e-mail: email@example.com
The hearings will include an opportunity for persons to testify in favor, in opposition, and neither for nor against, and petitioner’s rebuttal. Individuals are allowed up to 5 minutes, and another person may cede their time to an individual, in which case no individual shall have more than 10 minutes to testify. Recognized neighborhood associations, governments and government agencies, and other incorporated public interest organizations have up to 10 minutes to testify. See LOC 50.07.003.4.a and 50.07.003.4.b.
Note: Failure to raise an issue in the hearing, in person or by letter, or failure to provide statements or evidence sufficient to afford the City Council an opportunity to respond to the issue precludes appeal to the Land Use Board of Appeals based on that issue.
Copies of the petitions, all documents and evidence submitted by or on behalf of the applicants, applicable criteria, maps and proposed ordinances are available for inspection at no cost. The staff reports will be available for review 15 days before the hearings and copies will also be available for review at the Lake Oswego Library in the “Reference” section. Copies will be provided at reasonable cost. To inspect or purchase copies of the above documents, please go to City Hall at the above address.
AN 15-0020: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/planning/15-0020-18833-indian-creek-avenue
AN 15-0021: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/planning/15-0021-16365-boones-ferry-road
AN 15-0022: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/planning/15-0022-pilkington-road-public-right-way-between-16825-pilkington-road-and-mcewan-road
Inquiries regarding these proposals may be directed to Paul Espe, Associate Planner, at (503) 697-6577. For information about the public hearings, contact Anne-Marie Simpson, City Recorder, (503) 534-4225.
PUBLISH: LAKE OSWEGO REVIEW LOR15820724
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016