REQUEST FOR BIDS: AIRPORT
INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS REBID
CITY OF BROOKINGS, OR
Bids dues: February 23, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
Sealed bids for the construction of Airport Infrastructure Improvements Rebid for the City of Brookings (Owner) will be received by Gary Milliman, City Manager, City of Brookings at Brookings City Hall, 898 Elk Drive, Brookings, Oregon until 2:00 p.m. PDT February 23, 2016 at which time the sealed bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. Bids received after this time will not be accepted. All interested parties are invited to attend.
The project must be substantially complete 140 days for Schedule A and 180 days for Schedule B after issuance of Notice to Proceed. Estimated construction cost is between $1,150,000 and $1,350,000 for Schedule A and $1,150,000 and $1,350,000 for Schedule B. The project consists of the following major items of construction:
Water system improvements between Seacrest Reservoir and the east side of the airport. Work includes:
1. New pump station building with two booster pumps, piping, valves, lighting, electrical, telemetry, retaining wall, and site work.
2. Installation of approximately 890 lineal feet of 12-inch diameter and 2,746 lineal feet of 8-inch diameter water line and appurtenances by trench installation.
3. Installation of approximately 767 lineal feet of 12-inch diameter water line by horizontal directional drilling.
4. Installation of four pressure reduction valve vaults complete.
5. Remove four (4) pump stations from service and demolish three (3) of those pump stations including site restoration. Remove from service one (1) water reservoir.
Sewer system improvements between Vista Ridge Drive and the east side of the airport. Work includes:
1. Installation of approximately 1239 lineal feet of new 4-inch diameter pressure sewer and appurtenances by trench installation.
2. Installation of approximately 767 lineal feet of new 4-inch diameter pressure sewer by horizontal directional drilling.
Water system improvements between the east side of the airport and the new water reservoir location. Work includes:
1. New reservoir site and access road, clearing and grubbing, earthwork, and the installation of approximately 50 lineal feet of new 36-inch diameter HDPE culvert.
2. New glass fused to steel 0.5 million gallon (MG) finished water reservoir, tank appurtenances, site piping, valves, fencing, earthwork, Spiralnail Wiretruss retaining wall system (or approved equal), site drainage improvements, and other miscellaneous work.
3. Installation of approximately 1,755 lineal feet of new 12-inch diameter water line and appurtenances by trench installation.
Bidding documents may be examined at the offices of The Dyer Partnership, 1330 Teakwood Avenue, Coos Bay, Oregon 97420, (541)269-0732; and the City of Brookings, Oregon.
Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.questcdn.com. You may download the digital plan documents for $30.00 by inputting Quest Project No. 4234062 on the website’s Project Search page. Please contact QuestCDN.com at 952-233-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information. An optional paper set of project documents is also available for a nonrefundable price of $135.00 per set, which includes shipping. Contact Engineer at (877) 773-8610 if you have any questions.
A pre-bid conference will be held at Brookings City Hall on February 11, 2016 at 1:30 p.m., PDT. Attendance is not mandatory, but bidders are encouraged to attend.
Bids will be received on a unit price basis, for each Schedule, for all of the work. No bid will be considered unless fully completed in the manner provided in the Instructions to Bidders, and accompanied by a bid security executed in favor of the Owner in the amount not less than 10% of the total amount of the bid. Per ORS 279C.385, bid security is to be forfeited as fixed and liquidated damage should the bidder neglect or refuse to enter into a contract and provide suitable insurance certificates, bonds and other required documents for the faithful performance of the work in the event bidder is awarded the contract.
All bidders must be “equal opportunity employers” and comply with the appropriate provisions of state and federal law. In addition, all bidders are required to comply with ORS 656.017 regarding workers’ compensation. Prior to submission of bid, Bidders shall be registered and in good standing with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board, and thereafter shall comply with the requirements of ORS701.035 to ORS 701.138. Bidder, Contractor and Subcontractors are not required to be licensed under ORS 468A.720 for asbestos abatement.
Pursuant to ORS 279C.505(2), all Bidders must certify with their bids that they have an employee drug testing program in place. If awarded a contract, Bidder must provide proof of such drug testing program when executed Agreements are returned to Owner.
Bidders must prequalify with Owner as specified in the Instructions to Bidders, ten (10) days prior to bid opening.
Each Bidder must submit a first-tier subcontractor disclosure form to the Owner within two working hours of the time for receipt of bids in accordance with ORS 279C.370. Each Bidder must also submit evidence of authority to sign bid within two working hours of the time for receipt of bid.
This contract is for a public works project subject to the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts (40 U.S.C. 3141 et seq.). If state prevailing rate of wage is higher than the federal prevailing rate of wage, the contractor and every subcontractor on the project shall pay at least the state prevailing rate of wage as determined under ORS 279C.815. ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870 will be administered and enforced in a manner that is consistent with federal law and regulations adopted or guidelines issued in accordance with the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts.
No bid will be received or considered by the Owner unless the bid contains: 1) a statement that bidder will comply with the provisions of 40 USC 276a and ORS 279C.840; and 2) a statement as to whether the bidder is a resident bidder as defined in ORS 279A.120. Bid evaluation will not include a percent increase added to the bid submitted from out-of-state bidders from states which give preference to in-state Bidders, pursuant to federal requirements.
Work under this contract is partial funded by the United States Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration. The successful bidder must execute and submit to the Owner the required project documents for this Agency as specified to award of a contract.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive all informalities, and to accept such bids that in the opinion of the Owner are in the best interest of the Owner. No bidder may withdraw or modify his bid after the hour set for the receipt of bids, and thereafter until the lapse of 70 days from the bid opening.
By order of: Gary Milliman
City of Brookings, Oregon
Published Jan. 26, 2016.