REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP):
BOOKING AND PRODUCTION SERVICES
Proposals due: October 14, 2016
@ 2:00 pm
Notice is hereby given that the City of Albany (City), Oregon, is requesting proposals to provide Booking and Production Services for the City’s River Rhythms Concert Series and the Northwest Art & Air Festival (NWAAF).
The requested services are to book, coordinate, and serve as artist liaison for a proposed contract term of two years, beginning November 1, 2016, with the option to renew for three additional, one-year terms upon agreement by both parties.
The scope of work for the requested services includes, but not limited to the following:
• Provide booking and production services annually for the River Rhythms Concert Series and the NWAAF for Seasons 2017 and 2018;
• Consult and develop a talent plan including projections of budget and program considerations with regard to audience appeal, potential, and appropriateness to Concert Series and the NWAAF;
• Secure booking for five River Rhythms concerts and one NWAAF main stage performance per season;
• Identify, review and facilitate all backline and rider requirements.
The Proposer should be qualified in the following:
• Demonstrated ability to secure timely booking of quality regional and national acts;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively identify and budget for all backline, rider, and contractual costs including lodging, hospitality, transport, equipment, sound, and staging;
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality production services;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with sponsors, event volunteers, and other service providers;
• Experience working with performers’ booking agents and representatives to meet the specific requirements of each artist’s contractual provisions;
• Demonstrated ability to work as a consultant with a government agency and provide quality services before, during, and after the scheduled event.
Contract documents are available for review in the Parks Department, City Hall, 333 Broadalbin Street SW, Albany, Oregon; or downloaded from the City of Albany website at https://www.cityofalbany.net/departme nts/finance/city-purchasing/bids-rfps-rfqs.
For questions or clarifications regarding this RFP contact Diane Murzynski, CPPO, Purchasing Coordinator, at (541) 917-7522. All who are known by the City of Albany to have received a complete set of the contract documents will receive notification when additional items are posted. Please call (541) 917-7778 to be added to the Interested Proposer’s list.
Proposals shall be filed in sealed envelopes and received at the City of Albany Parks & Recreation counter, not later than 2:00 p.m., Friday, October 14, 2016, addressed to the attention of Diane M. Murzynski, CPPO, Purchasing Coordinator, at Albany City Hall, Finance Department, 333 Broadalbin Street SW, Albany, OR 97321. On the outside of the envelope, please reference “Request for Proposals for Booking and Production Services” along with the name and address of the Proposer. Faxed or electronic (e-mail) responses will not be accepted. Proposals received after the closing date and time will be determined non-responsive and will not be opened or reviewed.
Time is of the essence to obtain booking and production services this spring in preparation for the Summer Concert Series. The City may reject any proposal not in compliance with all prescribed solicitation procedures and requirements and other applicable law, and may reject any or all proposals in whole or in part when the cancellation or rejection is in the best interest of the City, and at no cost to the City.
DATED THIS 30TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER 2016.
Diane M. Murzynski, CPPO,
Published Oct. 7, 2016.