City of Tigard
NOTICE OF PROPOSED ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
Notice is hereby given that Tigard City Council intends to discuss approval of the following Administrative Rules:
Tigard Urban Forestry Manual
The proposed administrative rules support the recently adopted urban forestry code revisions to the city’s municipal and development code. These administrative rules were developed for the Urban Forestry Code Revisions project to document most of the city’s current administrative practices regarding tree planting, preservation and maintenance without making the code excessively long. Urban Forestry Manual topics include:
• Hazard tree and abatement procedures
• Street and median tree planting, maintenance and removal standards
• Sensitive lands, development tree and Urban Forestry Fund tree removal and replacement standards
• Heritage tree designation and removal standards
• Urban Forestry Plan and implementation standards
• Street tree soil volume standards
• Parking lot tree canopy standards
Full text of the proposed rules is available for review on the City of Tigard web site at http://www.tigard-or.gov/AdminRules. Copies of the proposed rule are also available for review at the Permit Center, Tigard City Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard or by calling 503-718-2428.
Authority for the approval of such rules is found in the provisions of the administrative rule procedures under Tigard Municipal Code 2.04 – City Manager, sections 2.04.070.
Interested persons may present data or views concerning the proposed rules in writing to Marissa Daniels, Associate Planner, either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by US Mail to 13125 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard, OR 97223 prior to the hearing date. Public testimony will be accepted by the city council at the public hearing on Tuesday, January 22, 2013.
Publish 01/17/2013. TT11751