NOTICE OF POTENTIAL
ANNEXATION OF TERRITORY
The City of Lake Oswego has received an annexation petition for three parcels located within the Urban Service Boundary of the City of Lake Oswego.
The parcels are located at:
18830 Reao Court (21E19BA00108, 21E19BA04400, 21E19BA00114)
The Lake Oswego City Council will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chamber, 380 A Avenue,
Lake Oswego, Oregon to consider this annexation petition and proposed ordinance, including the designation of zone(s) for the parcels.
Annexations are adopted by ordinance. The title of the ordinance is:
Ordinance No. 2724
An ordinance annexing to the City of Lake Oswego three parcels consisting of 0.75 acres at 18830 Reao Court; declaring City of Lake Oswego zoning
pursuant to LOC 50.01.004.5(a-c); and removing the territory from certain districts (AN 16-0007).
1. Oregon Revised Statutes, Boundary Changes; Mergers and Consolidations
• ORS 222.111(2) Annexation of Contiguous Territory, Authority and procedure for annexation, generally.
• ORS 222.125 Annexation by consent of all owners of all of the land in the area to be annexed and not less than 50% of the registered
voters living in the area.
• ORS 222.170 Annexation by consent of more than half of the owners of land in the territory to be annexed, who also own more than half
of the land in the territory.
2. Metro Code
• 3.09.040(a)(1-7) Minimum Requirements for Petitions.
• 3.09.050 Uniform Hearing Requirements for Final Decisions.
• 3.09.050(b)(1-5), (d)(1-5).
3. Lake Oswego Community Development Code
• Section 50.05.009.4 Zoning of Annexed Areas
• Section 50.01.004.5 Comprehensive Plan Map Designations Automatically Applied Upon Annexations; Exceptions.
4. Lake Oswego Comprehensive Plan Policies
Goal 14, Policies 10, 13, 14
The Applicants are requesting annexation to obtain City services and for future development. In accordance with LOC 50.01.004.5, the City zoning
designation of R-10 (10,000 square feet per unit) shall be applied to this property. Permitted and conditional uses in the R-10 zone can be found in
Anyone interested in commenting may either speak during the public hearing or submit written comments by 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2016 to:
Anne-Marie Simpson, City Recorder
City of Lake Oswego
380 A Avenue, Third Floor
P.O. Box 369
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Fax: (503) 697-6594
The hearing will include an opportunity for persons to testify in favor, in opposition, and neither for nor against, and petitioner’s rebuttal.
Individuals are allowed up to 5 minutes, and another person may cede their time to an individual, in which case no individual shall have more than 10
minutes to testify. Recognized neighborhood associations, governments and government agencies, and other incorporated public interest organizations
have up to 10 minutes to testify. See LOC 50.07.003.4.a and 50.07.003.4.b.
Note: Failure to raise an issue in the hearing, in person or by letter, or failure to provide statements or evidence sufficient to afford the City
Council an opportunity to respond to the issue precludes appeal to the Land Use Board of Appeals based on that issue.
Copies of the petition, all documents and evidence submitted by or on behalf of the applicant, applicable criteria, map and proposed Ordinance 2724
are available for inspection at no cost. The staff report will be available for review 15 days before the hearing and a copy will also be available
for review at the Lake Oswego Library in the “Reference” section. Copies will be provided at reasonable cost. To inspect or purchase copies of the
above documents, please go to City Hall at the above address.
Inquiries regarding the proposal may be directed to Paul Espe, Associate Planner, at (503) 697-6577. For information about the public hearing,
contact Anne-Marie Simpson, City Recorder, (503) 534-4225.
Publish 10/20 & 10/27/2016. LOR15865698