Posts Tagged ‘FGNT7261’
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CITY OF FOREST GROVE
PROPOSED ANNEXATION TO THE CITY OF FOREST GROVE
AND ASSIGNMENT OF CITY ZONING DESIGNATIONS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Forest Grove City Council will hold a Public Hearing Monday, January, 28, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. or thereafter, in the Community Auditorium, 1915 Main Street, Forest Grove, to:
1. Consider adopting a proposed Ordinance annexing certain unincorporated territory surrounded by the City of Forest Grove city limits under Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 222.750 and withdrawing said property from certain taxing districts; and
2. Consider adopting a proposed Order assigning a City of Forest Grove zoning designation consistent with the Forest Grove Comprehensive Plan.
The annexation proposal affects the highlighted territory shown below:
Applicable criteria for annexations are found in Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 222.750, the Metro Code (Section 3.090.050) and the City’s Comprehensive Plan policies. Criteria include:
1. Consistency with applicable provisions in ORS 195 agreements or ORS 195 annexation plans;
2. Consistency with applicable provisions of urban planning agreements between the annexing entity and necessary party;
3. Consistency with applicable standards for boundary changes contained in Comprehensive land use plans and public facility plans;
4. Consistency with applicable standards for boundary changes contained in the Metro Regional Framework Plan or any functional plans;
5. Whether the proposed boundary change will promote or not interfere with the timely, orderly and economic provision of public facilities and services;
6. Consistency with criteria for a boundary change under state and local law.
This boundary change proposal will result in withdrawal of the subject property from certain taxing districts including the Forest Grove Rural Fire Protection District, Washington County Urban Road Maintenance District, and Washington County Enhanced Law Enforcement District.
This hearing is open to the public and interested parties are encouraged to attend. A copy of the reports and proposed ordinance and order and supporting documents are available for inspection before the hearing at the City Recorder’s Office or by visiting the City’s website at www.forestgrove-or.gov.
Pursuant to State law and City Code, the ordinance enacting this annexation proposal is subject to referendum. A prospective referendum petition, as well as required forms that must be completed before filing a prospective petition, must be filed with the City Recorder/Elections Officer after the ordinance is adopted, and signatures representing not less than 10% of the registered voters in the City at the time the prospective petition is filed (approximately 900 to 1,000 valid elector signatures) must be filed with the City Recorder/Elections Officer no later than the 30th day after the adoption of the ordinance.
Failure to raise an issue at the hearing, in person or by letter, and provide statements or evidence sufficient to afford the City Council an opportunity to respond to the issue precludes appeal to the Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals on that issue.
Written comments or testimony may be submitted at the hearing or sent to the attention of the City Recorder’s Office, P. O. Box 326, 1924 Council Street, Forest Grove, OR 97116, prior to the hearing. For further information, please call Anna Ruggles, City Recorder, at 503.992.3235. For further information, please call Anna Ruggles, City Recorder, 503.992.3235, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anna D. Ruggles, CMC, City Recorder
Publish 01/23/2013. FGNT7261