Posts Tagged ‘LOR12870’
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
BEFORE THE CITY COUNCIL
(Legislative – LOC 50.07.003.16.e)
Hearing Date, Time, and Location:
Tuesday, November 27, 2012; 6:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
380 A Avenue
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
File Number: LU 12-0032 (Ordinance 2599)
Applicant: City of Lake Oswego
Location of Property: The proposed Foothills Mixed Use District lies between State Street, the Willamette River, Tryon Creek and the Oswego Pointe Condominiums. The area comprises approximately 40.4 acres.
Nature of Proposal:
A request from the City of Lake Oswego for legislative amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and the Community Development Code. The proposed amendments will implement the Foothills Framework Plan by creating a new Special District Plan for the Foothills area. The following changes are being proposed:
• Amend the Lake Oswego Comprehensive Plan text to include a new special district plan for the Foothills District;
• Revise Plan Goals 9, 12, and 14, to revise the Town Center boundary and create a Multimodal Mixed Use Area under OAR 660-12;
• Amend the Comprehensive Plan Map to change portions of the Foothills District currently designated as Industrial (I), Parks and Natural Area (PNA), Public (P), East End Commercial District (EC) and R-0/EC to Foothills Mixed Use (FMU), and designate remnant areas near Tryon Creek (currently zoned I) to PNA;
• Amend the Flood Management Area standards [LOC 50.05.011(7)(b)(i)(2)(b)(ii)] to eliminate “balanced cut and fill” provisions for a portion of the Foothills area; and
• Amend the Community Development Code to add base zone standards for the new FMU zone.
The Planning Commission tentatively recommended that, contingent upon the Council making a specific finding that the proposed amendment is in compliance with Metro’s Title 3, the City Council approve the proposed amendments.
The proposal would be implemented through the adoption of Ordinance 2599, which will be considered at the public hearing. The title of Ordinance 2599 is as follows:
AN ORDINANCE OF THE LAKE OSWEGO CITY COUNCIL TO IMPLEMENT THE FOOTHILLS FRAMEWORK PLAN (ADOPTED JULY 24, 2012), AMENDING THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN MAP, THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN TEXT, AND SECTIONS OF LOC CHAPTER 50 (NEW FMU ZONE STANDARDS; FLOODPLAIN) FOR THE FOOTHILLS AREA, AND ADOPTING FINDINGS (LU 12-0032-1796).
Copies of the ordinance are available in the City Recorder’s Office.
Inquiries regarding the proposal may be directed to:
Debra Andreades, Senior Planner
Phone: (503) 635-0292; Fax: (503) 635-0269
For information about the public hearing contact Catherine Schneider, City Recorder, (503) 675-3984.
How to Comment:
Submit electronic or written comments to:
Catherine Schneider, City Recorder
Phone:(503) 675-3984; Fax: (503) 697-6594
Third Floor, City Hall
380 A Avenue
Post Office Box 369
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
You may attend the hearing and comment under the section for public testimony. For more about the hearing procedures, contact staff.
The City Council may make a preliminary decision following the hearing. The final City Council decision must be made by adoption of written findings outlining the reasons for the decision. That action usually takes place at the next regular Council meeting.
Time Limits on Testimony:
The purpose of time limits on testimony is to provide all interested persons with an adequate opportunity to present and respond to testimony while at the same time ensuring that the hearing can be conducted in an efficient and expeditious manner. The following time limits on testimony shall be observed, but may be changed by the Council:
Testimony will be taken in the following order: in support of amendment, in opposition to amendment, neutral.
• 10 minutes for a representative of a recognized neighborhood association, homeowner association, or government agency, or other incorporated public interest organization;
• 5 minutes for other persons.
Publish 11/15/2012. LOR12870