STATE OF OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION SUPPLEMENTAL
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
Bids due: February 11, 2016 @ 9:00 am
Bid closing for the following projects will be in the lobby of the Oregon Department of Transportation, 3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem, Oregon, beginning at 9:00:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 11, 2016.
Submit paper bids to Wynnette Gentemann, Construction Contracts Manager at the following time and place:
• Before 9:00:00 a.m. on the day of Bid Closing
• For Bids submitted by mail or parcel delivery service, send to:
ODOT Procurement Office-Construction Contracts Unit, MS#2-2
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE Salem, Oregon 97302-1166.
• For Bids submitted by hand delivery, date stamp the Bid with the provided date stamping device and place into the ODOT Procurement Office Bid Box located in the lobby of:
Oregon Department of Transportation
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem, Oregon 97302-1166
Submit electronic bids, on-line, through Bid Express (www.bidx.com) before 9:00:00 a.m. on bid opening day.
The closing time for submitting bids is at 9:00:00 a.m. on the day of bid opening.
To be eligible for award of Oregon Department of Transportation construction contracts, bidders (prime contractors) must submit a prequalification application according to OAR 734-010-0220 through 734-010-0280 at least ten calendar days before the bid opening date. This requirement will be strictly enforced. Prequalification must be in the class of work that is indicated in the project’s special provisions, and the bid booklet. The Agency will reject bids from bidders who are not prequalified for the class of work indicated.
The Prequalification Application form and instructions are published on the Agency’s web site at:
A $100.00 FILING FEE must accompany the Prequalification Application. For further information, call 503-986- 2710.
To view and download plans, specifications, and bid booklets PLEASE visit the Agency’s Electronic Bidding Information System (eBIDS) website at:
The eBIDS site allows free access to plans and special provisions, up-to-date bidding information, and each project holders of plans.
All project addenda and clarification letters are published on the Agency’s web site at: https://ecm.odot.state.or.us/cf/EBIDS/
Preliminary bid results are published on the following web sites by close of business on bid opening day:
Award of contracts will not be final until: 1) Three working days after Notice of Intent to Award is posted on the Agency’s web site or 2) The Agency provides a written response to each timely protest, denying the protest and affirming the award; whichever is later.
All projects include a steel escalation clause.
All projects have minimum wage rate requirements. Wage publications are published on the Agency’s web site at:
All projects require work to be performed by the Contractor’s own organization of at least 30 percent of the awarded contract amount.
All federally funded projects have “BUY AMERICA” requirements.
Email the Project Manager listed at the end of each announcement for PROJECT SPECIFIC TECHNICAL QUESTIONS.
The project cost range value is preliminary, may not reflect the current scope of the project, and is not a reflection of the Engineer’s Estimate.
COST RANGE $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
2. COOS COUNTY: OR42: Gray Creek Culvert Replacement Section of the Coos Bay – Roseburg Highway near Myrtle Point. FAP No. STP-S035(066) ($1,000,000 – $2,000,000). Req. approx. 350 ft2 temp. signs; 3 ea seq. arrow signs; 3 ea PCMS; 250 hr flaggers; const. survey wk.; 2,200 yd3 gen. exc.; 1,800 yd3 stone emb.; 245 ft culv. pipe; 270 ft str. plate pipe; 1 ea abandon extg. pipe; shor., crib. & cofferdams; 3,555 yd3 str. exc.; 2,550 yd3 gran. str. backfill; 600 yd3 gran. drain backfill; 920 ton aggr. base; 500 ton ACP(30 ton PG 64-22 asph.); 10,000 ft thermo. striping; streambed enhancement. Completion Time: September 16, 2016. Class of Work: Bridges and Structures. THIS PROJECT CONTAINS A 1% DBE GOAL. PROJECT MANAGER: PETR LOVASIK EMAIL: PETR.LOVASIK@ODOT.STATE.OR.US.
COST RANGE $2,000,000 – $5,000,000
3. UNION & BAKER COUNTIES: I-84: Baker Valley VSL 2015 Project on the Old Oregon Trail Highway (I-84) near Baker City. FAP No. HSIP-S006(152). ($2,000,000 – $5,000,000). Req. approx. 1,075 ft2 temp. signs; 20 hr flaggers; 20 hr pilot cars; 986 yd3 stone emb.; 530 ton aggr. base; 268 yd3 sign supp. foot.; 90,000 lb. monotube cant. sign struct.; 7,470 lb. MPB sign supp.; 4,190 lb. TBB sign supp.; 422 ft2 signs in pl.; agency suppl. mat. & elect. syst. install.; fiberglass pole, complete. Completion Time: September 30, 2016. Class of Work: Either A) Signing or B) Electrical. THIS PROJECT CONTAINS A 0% DBE GOAL. THIS PROJECT CONTAINS A 10% INDIAN EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE GOAL. PROJECT MANAGER: DOUG JOHNSON, EMAIL: 01_ONTARIO_PROJECT_DESIGN @ODOT.STATE.OR.US.
The Oregon Department of Transportation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The policy of the Oregon Department of Transportation is to provide equal opportunity for participation in its contracting activities to all persons and firms in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, rules and regulations.
The Department of Transportation may reject any bid not in compliance with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, and may reject for good cause any or all bids upon a finding of the Department of Transportation that it is in the public interest to do so.
STATE OF OREGON BY AND THROUGH ITS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Published Jan. 26, 2016.