INVITATION TO BID: WILLAMETTE SHORE LINE TRESTLE REHABILITATION PROJECT – PACKAGE 2
TRIMET CONTRACT NO. BC160038JB
Bids due: February 23, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
1. The Willamette Shore Line (WSL) is a rail line that runs along the west bank of the Willamette River that was originally established in the mid-1880s and was used for both freight and passenger services over the last 100 years. The railroad is currently owned by a consortium of government agencies and currently the Willamette Shore Trolley (a special excursion trolley) runs from Lake Oswego to Powers Park and is operated by the Oregon Electric Railroad Historical Society (OERHS).
2. The Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon (“TriMet”) invites sealed bids from qualified firms to rehabilitate the Jones Trestle, including repairs and replacement of caps, sills, posts and stringers as set forth in this Invitation to Bid (ITB).
3. The ITB documents may be obtained by logging on to the TriMet Ebid website, www.ebidexchange.com/trimet/ and registering as a vendor. Vendor registration is recommended. By registering, you will be afforded an opportunity to select and download any TriMet RFP/ITB posted on our E-bid system as well as receive any related addenda.
4. A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on February 9, 2016, beginning promptly at 2:00 p.m. local time, at the Jones Trestle on the Willamette Shore Line. Please see separate “Directions” sheet posted on Ebid as to location and parking instructions. Prospective bidders are strongly encouraged to attend. Bidders’ staff should carpool to limit vehicle parking as parking is limited and restricted to areas west of Macadam. Attendees should wear sturdy shoes and be prepared to walk in inclement weather.
5. TriMet will receive sealed bids from qualified firms at TriMet’s Administrative office, located at Harrison Square, 1800 SW First Ave., Portland, Oregon 97201, Attention: Jackie Blyn, Senior Contract Administrator, until 2:00 p.m., local time, on February 23, 2016. At that time, bids will be publicly opened and read aloud, in the Alsea Conference Room. No electronic or facsimile bids will be accepted. Use of UPS, Federal Express, or in-person deliveries are the recommended method of submittal at this location. U.S. Postal Service mail may be unreliable for timely delivery to this location.
6. A bid bond in the amount of 10 percent of the bid is required to be submitted with the bid documents. A 100% payment bond and a 100% performance bond on TriMet bond forms will be required prior to beginning work. Contractors must be licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) in accordance with ORS 701.021 prior to submitting their bid and must file a public work bond with the CCB.
7. The TriMet bid bond (see Section 6 – Bid Forms), a cashier’s check or a certified check for 10 percent of the bidder’s total bid price, or an irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution as defined in ORS 706.008 for that amount, must be submitted with the bid. If a bidder conditions the bid bond to provide for the possibility of payment of any amount less than 10 percent of the total bid price, the bid bond will not be accepted, and will cause the bid to be rejected as non-responsive. Bidders are advised to read Paragraph 00215 in the Bidding Requirements and Conditions Section of the General Provisions, entitled “Bid Security,” and to comply with the requirements of that Section and that paragraph.
8. This solicitation is for a public work, subject to State of Oregon (ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870) prevailing wage rate laws. Bidders must certify compliance with prevailing wage requirements as referenced in the Special Provisions and Appendix D – Labor Manual.
9. All questions regarding this Invitation to Bid should be directed to Jackie Blyn via email (preferred method), email@example.com, via phone: 503-962-2218 or via fax: 503-962-2298.
DISTRICT OF OREGON
Senior Contract Administrator
Published Feb. 2, 2016.