INVITATION TO BID: PRECISION
IRRIGATED AGRICULTURE FACILITY
Bids due: March 10, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
1. Blue Mountain Community College (the “College”) invites sealed bids for the construction of the proposed Precision Irrigated Agriculture Facility to be constructed in Hermiston, Oregon (the “Project”). The scope of this project is construction of a 12, 150 square foot (plus bid alternates), single story educational facility, together with site improvements and supporting items of work, all as required by, specified in, and shown on the Contract Documents. The Project will be executed with a design-bid-built delivery method.
a. The base bid consists of:
i. 12,150 square foot, single story building.
b. Alternates consists of:
i. 3,798 square foot single story open outdoor lab.
collectively referred to as the “Work” under this Contract and shall occur within the project boundary lines indicated on the Drawings. The BMCC Facility will be located on the existing campus of the Oregon State University Agricultural Experiment Station located at 2121 South 1st Street, Hermiston, Oregon 97838. The “Work” is as described in the Contract Documents, which are a part of this Invitation to Bid (“ITB”).
2. The College will receive sealed bids at its BMCC Pendleton Campus located at 2411 NW Carden Ave., Pendleton Oregon 97801 in the Morrow Hall, Business Office, Attention: Kristi Sewell, until 2:00 pm, March 10, 2016 at which time bids will be publicly opened and read aloud in the BMCC Pendleton Campus, Pioneer Hall, Boardroom. First-tier subcontractor forms will be due 2 hours later and only prime subcontractors will be allowed to perform work.
3. A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on-site, beginning at 10:00 am, February 24, 2016. Interested subcontractors are also invited to attend. To register for the pre-bid conference, contact Rob Dreier, Frew Development Group, VP – Pacific Northwest Division, (503) 805-1236; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This pre-bid meeting will be the only opportunity for interested parties to receive a comprehensive overview of the project and a guided tour of portions of the site and facilities that are part of the Work. There will be no other opportunity for contractors or sub-contractors to walk on the site. Information that is not part of the current contract documents that is provided at this pre-bid meeting is not binding on the College unless it is incorporated into the contract documents by formal addenda.
4. As part of the evaluation of the price component of the bids, BMCC shall utilize a 100 point scoring system. Details of the scoring will be found in the Instructions to Bidders section of this ITB.
5. The College’s consultants on this project are:
a. Architect: LKV Architects: 2400 Riverwalk Dr., Boise, ID 83706; (208) 336-3443; Attn: Amber Van Ocker:
b. Civil Engineer: ACH Engineering: 2404 Stateline Rd., Walla Walla, WA 99362; (509) 527-0655; Attn: Aaron Hoeft:
c. Landscape Architect: Stack Rock Group: 405 S 8th St., Boise, ID 83702; (208) 345-0500; Attn: Will Howard:
d. Structural Engineer: KPFF Engineers: 412 E Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID 83706: (208) 336-6985; Attn: Judsen Williams:
e. Mechanical/Electrical: Musgrove Engineering, P.A.: 234 South Whisperwood Way, Boise, ID 83709: (208) 384-0585; Attn: Charles Paulin:
f. Surveyor: Survey One, LLC., Pendleton, Oregon, (541) 276-2055; Attn: Bob English
g. Geotechnical: MTI Inspection, 2791 S. Victory View Way, Boise, ID 83709: (208) 376-4748; Attn: Dave Cram
h. Project Manager: Rob Dreier, Frew Development Group LLC, Senior Project Manager, P.O. Box 100, 2411 NW Carden Ave, Pendleton, OR 97801; (503) 805-1236; email email@example.com.
6. The College’s Bid Bond Form (included as part of the supplemental Bid Forms), a cashier’s check, or a certified check for five percent (5%) of the bidder’s total bid price must be submitted with the bid. If a bidder submits a Bid Bond, cashier’s check or certified check in any amount less than five percent (5%) of the total Bid price, the Bid Bond may not be accepted, and may cause the bid to be rejected as non-responsive. Bidders are advised to read the section entitled “Bonds” and the paragraph in the Bid Requirements section entitled “Bid Security,” and to explicitly comply with the requirements of that section and that paragraph.
7. The successful bidder must provide a performance bond for one hundred percent (100%) of the initial Contract Price and a labor and material payment bond for one hundred percent (100%) of the initial Contract Price.
8. A bidder must be registered with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (“CCB”) or Landscaping Contractors Board for landscaping work at the time of bid opening in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Bidders are advised to contact the CCB at (503) 378-4621 at their earliest convenience regarding registration requirements.
9. The Work to be procured by this ITB is subject to ORS 279C.800 et al (Prevailing Wages).
10. This ITB consists of the following documents: Advertisement Instructions to Bidders (Section 00100) Bid Forms General Conditions (Section 3) Contract Technical Specifications and Drawings
11. Hard copy of bid documents can be ordered from Hermiston Plan Center for a fee. Electronic plans and specifications are available at no cost. No bid security is required. Addenda, as applicable, will be distributed only through the Hermiston Plan Center. It is the bidders’ responsibility to check to make sure all addenda are received and acknowledged on the bid form.
12. Questions regarding the procurement process, should be directed to Blue Mountain Community College; Kristi Sewell, Asset and Contracts Coordinator, (541) 278-5154, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such questions or requests for clarification shall be made in accordance with the Bidding Instructions. 13. Questions regarding the Specifications or Drawings should be directed to the consultants listed in items 4a through 4g; and if in writing, with a copy to project manager Rob Dreier, for contact information see 4h above.
Published Feb. 23, 2016.
INVITATION TO BID
INVITATION TO BID: PRECISION