NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The City of Lake Oswego Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in the City Council Chamber located in Lake Oswego City Hall at 380 A Avenue on Monday, February 22, 2016, 6:30 p.m. The Commission will consider LU 15-0064, a request from the City of Lake Oswego for text amendments to portions of the Lake Oswego Code (Chapter 50 – Community Development) for the purpose of streamlining and clarifying various code provisions related to the Lake Grove Village Center Overlay. Some of the provisions have been identified as having policy implications.
After administering the Lake Grove Village Center Overlay (LGVCO) standards since its adoption in 2008, staff has found that there are many redundancies in the text and illustrations. In addition, there are certain standards that need to be moved within the LGVCO section to make the Code more user-friendly, consistent with the City Council’s goal of code streamlining. Amendments are also proposed for:
• Standards for Building Planes, Façade Wall Planes and Side Wall Planes (LOC 50.05.007.5.h.ii; 50.05.007.5.i.ii; 50.05.007.5.v)
• Display Windows (50.05.007.5.i.vii(4))
• Small Redevelopment Projects – Flexibility in Standards (LOC 50.05.007.3.c.ii)
• Landscaping between Low Density Residential and Taller Buildings (LOC 50.05.007.4.b.iii(2))
• Private Open Spaces and Public Spaces – Similar Treatment (LOC 50.05.007.4.e.i)
• Conflict Between Rain Protection and Street Furniture Standards (LOC 50.05.007.5.d.iv)
• Fenestration (LOC 50.05.007.5.i.vi)
A copy of the proposed amendments is on file in the Planning & Building Services Department at City Hall. Since the time allowed for public testimony is limited, you are urged to review the record and be thoroughly familiar with it if you plan to testify.
Information can also be obtained by visiting the City’s website at:
(Search for LU 15-0064)
Since the time allowed for public testimony is limited, you are urged to review the record and be thoroughly familiar with it if you plan to testify.
Recommendation: A final recommendation of the Planning Commission shall be forwarded to the City Council. A final decision on this proposal will be made by the City Council.
Staff Contact: Leslie Hamilton, Senior Planner,
(503) 675-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Publish 02/11/2016. LOR15823900