NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS STATE OF
OREGON DEPARTMENT OF
JACKSON & CLACKAMAS COUNTIES, OR
Bids due: February 25, 2016 @ 9:00 am
Bid closing for the following projects will be in the lobby of the Oregon Department of Transportation, 3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem, Oregon, beginning at 9:00:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
Submit paper bids to Wynnette Gentemann, Construction Contracts Manager at the following time and place:
• Before 9:00:00 a.m. on the day of Bid Closing
• For Bids submitted by mail or parcel delivery service, send to:
• ODOT Procurement Office-Construction Contracts Unit, MS#2-2
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem, Oregon 97302-1166.
• For Bids submitted by hand delivery, date stamp the Bid with the provided date stamping device and place into the ODOT Procurement Office Bid Box located in the lobby of:
• Oregon Department of Transportation
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem, Oregon 97302-1166
Submit electronic bids, on-line, through Bid Express (www.bidx.com) before 9:00:00 a.m. on bid opening day.
The closing time for submitting bids is at 9:00:00 a.m. on the day of bid opening.
To be eligible for award of Oregon Department of Transportation construction contracts, bidders (prime contractors) must submit a prequalification application according to OAR 734-010-0220 through 734-010-0280 at least ten calendar days before the bid opening date. This requirement will be strictly enforced. Prequalification must be in the class of work that is indicated in the project’s special provisions, and the bid booklet. The Agency will reject bids from bidders who are not prequalified for the class of work indicated.
The Prequalification Application form and instructions are published on the Agency’s web site at: http://www.oregon.gov/ ODOT/CS/CONSTRUCTION/Pages/Prequalification.aspx
A $100.00 FILING FEE must accompany the Prequalification Application. For further information, call 503-986- 2710.
To view and download plans, specifications, and bid booklets PLEASE visit the Agency’s Electronic Bidding Information System (eBIDS) website at:
The eBIDS site allows free access to plans and special provisions, up-to-date bidding information, and each project holders of plans.
All project addenda and clarification letters are published on the Agency’s web site at: https://ecm.odot.state.or.us/cf/EBIDS/
Preliminary bid results are published on the following web sites by close of business on bid opening day: http://www.oregon.gov/ ODOT/CS/CONSTRUCTION/pages/preliminary_bid_results.aspx
Award of contracts will not be final until: 1) Three working days after Notice of Intent to Award is posted on the Agency’s web site or 2) The Agency provides a written response to each timely protest, denying the protest and affirming the award; whichever is later.
All projects include a steel escalation clause.
All projects have minimum wage rate requirements. Wage publications are published on the Agency’s web site at:
All projects require work to be performed by the Contractor’s own organization of at least 30 percent of the awarded contract amount.
All federally funded projects have “BUY AMERICA” requirements.
Email the Project Manager listed at the end of each announcement for PROJECT SPECIFIC TECHNICAL QUESTIONS.
The project cost range value is preliminary, may not reflect the current scope of the project, and is not a reflection of the Engineer’s Estimate.
COST RANGE $500,000 – $1,000,000
2. JACKSON COUNTY: I-5: Bear Creek Bridges NB & SB, Scour Repair Section of the Pacific Highway in Medford. FAP No. STP-S001(430). ($500,000 – $1,000,000). Req. approx. 20 ft2 temp. signs; 250 hr flaggers; 4,260 yd3 gen. exc.; 2,712 yd3 riprap; 3,170 yd3 streambed matl. Completion Time: September 20, 2016. Class of Work: Earthwork and Drainage. THIS PROJECT CONTAINS A 0% DBE GOAL. PROJECT MANAGER: TED PASELK EMAIL: TED.A.PASELK@ODOT.STATE.OR. US.
COST RANGE $2,000,000 – $5,000,000
3. CLACKAMAS COUNTY: 17th Ave Trail: SE Ochoco – SE McLoughlin Section of 17th Avenue in Milwaukie. FAP No. STP-4865(018). ($2,000,000 – $5,000,000). Req. approx. 1,325 ft2 temp. signs; 1,100 hr flaggers; 1,500 ton cont. soil rem.; constr. surv. wk.; rem. of struct. & obstruct.; 8,000 ft asph. pvmt. saw cutt.; 1.5 ac. clear. & grub.; 4,300 yd3 exc.; 479 yd2 subgr. stabil.; 879 ft pipe; 27 ea conc. inlets; 199 yd2 trench resurf.; br. rem. wk.; 4,000 lb. reinf.; 55 yd3 struct. conc.; 1,144 ft2 rockery ret. wall; 21,890 yd2 cold pl. pvmt. rem.; 3,990 ton aggr. base; 590 ton choker aggr.; 1,040 ton PAC mix.; 3,540 ton ACP mix (PG64-22); 1,480 ft curb; 2,690 ft2 conc. drwys.; 7,960 ft2 conc. walks; 3,510 ft2 monolithic curb & walk; 27,062 ft paint striping; 4,670 ft thermo. striping; 31 ea pvmt. legend; 1,245 ft2 pvmt. bar; 6 yd3 sign supp. foot.; 2,818 lb. stl. sign supp.; 494 ft2 signs; 73 ft signal supp. drill. shaft; 3 ea traff. signal install.; interconnect syst.; 1.1 ac. seeding; 765 yd3 water qual. mix.; 1,413 ea trees & plants; 376 ft CL-6R fence. Completion Time: October 30, 2016. Classes of Work: 1) Earthwork & Drainage and 2) Miscellaneous Highway Appurtances. THIS PROJECT CONTAINS A 0% DBE GOAL. PROJECT MANAGER: AARON ISENHART, HARPER HOUR PETERSON RIGHELLIS, INC., EMAIL: AARONI@HHPR.COM.
The Oregon Department of Transportation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The policy of the Oregon Department of Transportation is to provide equal opportunity for participation in its contracting activities to all persons and firms in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, rules and regulations.
The Department of Transportation may reject any bid not in compliance with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, and may reject for good cause any or all bids upon a finding of the Department of Transportation that it is in the public interest to do so.
STATE OF OREGON BY AND THROUGH ITS
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Published Feb. 12, 2016.