INVITATION TO BID
MILLER ROAD WELL REHABILITATION
1. This project includes the rehabilitation of up to three water wells at the City of Scappoose’s Miller Road Water Treatment Facility. The existing wells are shown on Figure 1, and water well logs are included. The City of Scappoose has noted declines in the production capacity in each well (MR-1, MR-2 and MR-3). Water quality samples collected in 2015 suggest that the wells have bacterial and mechanical fouling issues. The first part of the work described herein is to document the existing conditions at each well using a video survey. Prescriptive rehabilitation measures will be recommended upon completion of the video surveys. Activities may include chemical and/or mechanical rehabilitation in order to improve the performance of the wells and increase their capacities.
2. The City of Scappoose (“City”) invites sealed bids from qualified firms to perform well rehabilitation services at up to three municipal production wells, as set forth in this Invitation to Bid (ITB).
3. City will receive sealed bids from qualified firms at Scappoose City Hall, 33658 East Columbia Ave., Scappoose, Oregon 97056 until 2:00 pm local time, on May 25, 2016. At that time, bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. No electronic or facsimile bids will be accepted. Use of UPS, Federal Express, or in-person deliveries are the recommended method of submittal at this location. U.S. Postal Service mail may be unreliable for timely delivery to thislocation.
4. A bid bond in the amount of 10 percent of the bid is required to be submitted with the bid documents. A 100% payment bond and a 100% performance bond as per the attached bond forms will be required prior to beginning work. Contractors must be licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) in accordance with ORS 701.021 prior to submitting their bid and must file a public work bond with the CCB.
5. The City bid bond (see Section 6 – Bid Forms), a cashier’s check or a certified check for 10 percent of the bidder’s total bid price, or an irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution as defined in ORS 706.008 for that amount, must be submitted with the bid. If a bidder conditions the bid bond to provide for the possibility of payment of any amount less than 10 percent of the total bid price, the bid bond will not be accepted, and will cause the bid to be rejected as non- responsive. Bidders are advised to read Paragraph 00215 in the Bidding Requirements and Conditions Section of the General Provisions, entitled “Bid Security,” and to comply with the requirements of that Section and that paragraph.
6. This solicitation is for a public work, subject to State of Oregon (ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870) prevailing wage rate laws. Bidders must certify compliance with prevailing wage requirements.
7. All questions regarding this Invitation to Bid should be directed to Darryl Sykes via email (preferred method), firstname.lastname@example.org , or via phone: (503) 369-0297.
Date Issued: May 11, 2016
Publish 05/20/2016. SCS15840227