INVITATION TO BID: BAY MOORE
Bids due: June 14, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
Sealed bids for the construction of the Bay Moore Drainage Improvements project for the City of Newport in Lincoln County, Oregon will be received by Tim Gross, Public Works Director, at City Hall, 169 SW Coast Hwy, Newport, OR 97365, until 2:00 p.m., June 14th, 2016 and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after this time will not be accepted. All interested parties are invited to attend.
Subcontractor declarations must be delivered to the City of Newport at address above no later than 4:00 p.m. on the day of the bid opening.
A brief description of the scope of work is provided below:
1. Construction of Diversion Outfall – Build a cast-in place manhole at SE Fogarty St and SE 5th, extend a 30″ HDPE pipe from new 60″ manholes westward to new Diversion outfall into Yaquina Bay. New precast headwall with dissipators for 30″ RCP piping and structure south of SE Bay Blvd., and SE Eads St. intersection into Yaquina Bay.
2. SE 4th St. Storm Drain Bypass Outlet modification of existing manhole located on SE Harney St. between SE 2nd St. and SE 4th St., install new RCP and PVC piping between new precast 48″ manholes and constructed cast-in place 48″ manhole structure per the drawings. Abandon existing pipe and fill with CLSM.
3. SE Bay Blvd and SE Moore Dr Intersection Reconfiguration – reconfigure sidewalks, driveways, road way, right-a-way and storm drain. Overlay SE Bay Blvd.
4. Construction of Embarcadero Outfall upgrades- Remove and upgrade manholes (up to 108″ diameter), installation of new catch basin storm filters, installation of new RCP and PVC storm drain piping and build new 54″ RCP Precast headwall with dissipators.
5. Maintenance Dredging – removal of sediment via mechanical dredging (clamshell/ barge), placed on second barge for hydraulic flow lane disposal.
Bidding documents may be examined at the Oregon Procurement Information Network (ORPIN) website at: www.orpin.oregon.gov
Contractors, vendors, and suppliers wishing to download the specifications and drawings may do so at the ORPIN website. All contractors, vendors, and suppliers interested in the project must register through the ORPIN website so that they may receive addenda and other bidding information that may become available during the advertising and bid period. No other entity or plan center will issue addenda.
No bid will be considered unless fully completed in the manner provided in the Instructions to Bidders, and accompanied by a bid security, executed in favor of the Owner, in the amount not less than 10% of the total amount of the bid.
Bidders must submit a Statement of Qualifications with bid package as specified in the Instructions to Bidders. Bid security shall be furnished in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
This contract is for public work and is subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870 regarding prevailing wage rates. This contract is funded through the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) and is subject to all of the requirements therein.
A mandatory pre-bid walk-through with Engineer and Owner will be held for this project on June 7th 2016 at 1:00 PM, meeting at City Hall.
Pre-bid inquiries shall be directed to Jayson Buchholz, PE, Senior Project Manager, at 541-574-3374 or j.buchholz@newport oregon.gov
Published May 20, 2016.