FAIRGOUNDS ARENA ROOF
BENTON COUNTY, OR
Bids due: July 26, 2016 @2:00 pm
Benton County invites bids for the replacement of the Fairgrounds Arena Roof, Project No. B-25-01-16.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED
The proposed work generally consists of furnishing all labor, equipment, materials, and supervision for the replacement of the arena roof located at the Benton County Fairgrounds, 110 SW 53rd Street, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, in accordance with the Contract Documents and attached plans and drawings: General Scope of Work is as follows:
Remove existing layers of built-up hot mopped roof system, down to existing plywood sheathing. Existing roof is not insulated. Install new single-ply roofing system and hatch; Install new tie-down anchors along the roof ridge. Dispose of all materials in accordance with the Technical Specifications, Special Provisions, and attached plans.
All other elements of the existing building shall remain.
Plans, specifications, and bid documents will be available on July 7, 2016, in the office of the Public Works Department, 360 SW Avery Avenue, Corvallis, Oregon at no cost or viewed at https://www.co.benton.
or.us/rfps. Copies of the standard provisions are available upon payment of a twenty-five dollars ($25.00) deposit. The deposit will be refunded upon return of the standard provisions.
A Mandatory pre-bid walk through will be held at 10:00 a.m. local time, on Monday, July 18, 2016, at the Benton County Fairgrounds Arena, 110 SW 53rd Street, Corvallis, Oregon.
To be considered for award the following conditions must be met:
1) Bidders must prequalify in accordance with ORS 279C.430 and provisions of public contracting rules as adopted by Benton County at least two days prior to the date of the bid opening.
2) Bidders must be licensed and bonded in General Construction to be considered for work. Prequalification for work is not required.
3) The Bid Proposal must be submitted on the prescribed form and shall contain a statement by the bidder that the bid complies with the provisions of ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870, and contain a statement as to whether the bidder is a resident bidder as defined in ORS 279A.120.
4) The Contractor must be registered with the Construction Contractors Board in order for his/her bid to be considered on construction contracts.
5) The Bid Proposal must be accompanied by cash, cashier’s check, certified check or bid bond payable to Benton County, Corvallis, Oregon, in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the total bid amount.
6) The CONTRACTOR shall, within two working hours of the date and time of the deadline when the bids are due to the COUNTY, submit to the COUNTY a disclosure of any first-tier subcontractor that will be furnishing labor or materials in connection with the public improvement and whose contract value is equal to or greater than:
a) Five percent of the total project bid or $15,000, whichever is larger; or
b) $350,000, regardless of the percentage of the total project bid.
The disclosure of first-tier subcontractors shall include:
a) The name and address of each subcontractor;
b) The registration number assigned to the subcontractor by the Construction Contractors Board if the subcontractor is required to have a certificate of registration issued by the board;
c) The category of work that each subcontractor will perform; and the amount of the contract of the subcontractor.
7) Return the entire contract and proposal documents. Bid must be in writing, sealed, and marked plainly as Fairgrounds Arena Roof, Project No. B-25-01-16, and received by Joyce Galloway, Benton County Department of Public Works, 360 SW Avery Avenue, Corvallis, Oregon, 97333 by 2:00 p.m. on July 26, 2016 at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read. All bidders must submit a list of their first-tier subcontractors no later than 4:00 p.m. that same day.
Benton County reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to postpone the award of the contract for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days, and to accept that proposal which is in the best interest of the County.
Benton County, Oregon
By Josh Wheeler, P.E. Director of Public Work
Published July 15, 2016