INVITATION TO BID: ALTAMONT DRIVE UTILITIES RELOCATION PROJECT PHASE V PROJECT # 27615
KLAMATH FALLS, OR
Bids due: July 21, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
The City of Klamath Falls will accept sealed bids for the Altamont Drive Utilities Relocation Project Phase V. Bids shall be addressed to Elisa Olson, City Recorder, City of Klamath Falls, 500 Klamath Avenue, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. Bids will be accepted at the City of Klamath Falls, 500 Klamath Avenue, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. No bids will be received after 2:00 p.m., July 21, 2016, at which time the bids will be publicly opened.
Plans and specifications will be available for downloading beginning July 5, 2016, at no charge from the City’s website: http://www.klamathfalls.city/business/request-for-proposals A hard copy of the bid documents may be purchased for a non-refundable fee of $50 (with 48hours notice to allow for printing) or inspected at the City Public Works Administration office, 226 South 5th Street, 2nd Floor, Klamath Falls OR, 97601. The project will be a public improvement project subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870, Prevailing Wage Rates.
The work contemplated generally includes, but is not limited to:
• Temporary protection and direction of traffic
• Construction Surveying
• Erosion control and Seeding
• Record Drawings
Water System Improvements includes the following:
• Installation of approximately 2,765 feet of 12-inch diameter water main within Altamont Drive from Laverne Avenue to the irrigation canal located south of Barry Avenue, which includes installation of approximately 120 linear feet of 12-inch water main on Bristol Avenue and approximately 65 linear feet of 6-inch diameter water main on Barry Avenue.
• Connections to existing water mains.
• Installation of water service laterals.
• Connect existing water service to new lateral.
• Installation of fire hydrant assemblies.
• Testing and disinfection of installed infra structure.
• Surfacing improvements.
• Other incidentals as required to complete the project. Wastewater System Improvements includes the following:
• Installation of approximately 1,615 feet of 4-inch, and 6-inch PVC sewer lateral in and adjacent to Altamont Drive from Laverne Avenue to the south canal located south of Barry Avenue.
• Connections to existing sewer manholes.
• Connections to existing sewer mains.
• Connections to existing sewer laterals.
• Surfacing improvements.
• Other incidentals as required to complete the project.
The scope of work shall include all equipment, labor and materials necessary to complete the work specified within these contract documents, including all incidental work that may not be specified but required for the successful completion of the project. A Non-Mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held July 12, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the City of Klamath Falls Public Works Conference Room Located at 226 South 5th Street, 2nd Floor, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. All technical questions related to the project shall be submitted in writing by the date indicated below, using a Request for Clarification form which is included in the bidding documents, or by emailing Gina Johnson for the form at gmjohnson@klamathfalls. city.
The Engineer’s Estimate for this project is between $920,000 and $950,000.
Plans and Specifications available: July 5, 2016.
Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting: July 12, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Questions submitted in writing no later than: July 15, 2016 at 12:00 p.m.
Addenda shall be issued by: July 18, 2016, unless bid opening date extended.
Bid Submission Deadline: July 21, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
Anticipated Council Award: August 15, 2016.
Anticipated Notice to Proceed: August 29, 2016.
Contract Completion: 90 Calendar Days.
All bids must be submitted on the regular forms furnished in the contract documents by the City and shall be accompanied by a bid bond in an amount equivalent to ten (10) percent of the total amount of the bid. The City reserves the right to reject any bid from a Prime Bidder who has not performed acceptably on past projects with the City or with others (this includes sub-contractor relationships); and reserves the right to reject any Bidder whom the City determines cannot do the project within the project timeline and budget, or does not have the resources & financial stability to complete the project.
The City reserves the right to postpone the award of the contract for sixty (60) days and may reject any bid not in compliance with all public bidding procedures and requirements on these solicitation documents, and may reject for good cause any or all bids upon a finding of the City that it is in the public interest to do so.
City of Klamath Falls
Elisa Olson, City Recorder
Published July 8, 2016