NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
FOREST GROVE PLANNING COMMISSION
A PUBLIC HEARING will be held before the Forest Grove Planning Commission to review the following:
PROPOSAL: Conditional use permit for a special education
center to provide vocational and life skills classes for young adults ages 18-21
Location: 2050 Douglas Street
(Washington County tax lot 1S3 6BA-100)
Applicant: Forest Grove School District
Owner: Forest Grove Shopping Center
File Number: 311-16-000595-STR
Criteria: All of the following criteria must be met for
approval of a new conditional use, or the major modification of an existing conditional use:
1. The proposed use will be compatible with adjacent developments based on characteristics such as site size, building scale and style, se0tbacks, and landscaping; or
2. The proposed use will mitigate differences in appearance or scale through setbacks, screening, landscaping, and other design features.
3. The transportation system is capable of safely supporting the proposed use in addition to the existing uses in the area. Evaluation factors include street capacity and level of service, access to arterials, transit availability, on-street parking impacts, access requirements, neighborhood impacts, and pedestrian safety; and
4. Public services for water supply, sanitary sewer, storm water disposal, police and fire protection are capable of serving the proposed use and previously-approved uses.
5. The proposed conditional use will not have significant adverse impacts on the livability of nearby lands due to:
? Noise, glare from lights, late-night operations, odors, and litter; and
? Privacy and safety issues.
This Public Hearing will take place before the Forest Grove Planning Commission on Monday, September 19, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Auditorium, 1915 Main Street, in Forest Grove. At this time and place all persons will be given a reasonable opportunity to give testimony about this proposal. If an issue is not raised in the hearing (by person or by letter) or if the issue is not explained in sufficient detail to allow the Commission to respond to the issue, then that issue cannot be used for an appeal to the City Council or the Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA).
If additional documents or evidence are provided in support of the application, any party shall be entitled to a continuance of the hearing. Unless there is a continuance, if a participant so requests before the conclusion of the initial evidentiary hearing, the record shall remain open for at least seven (7) days after the hearing. Information pertaining to this request may be obtained from Senior Planner James Reitz at the Community Development Department, 1924 Council Street, (503) 992-3233, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (firstname.lastname@example.org). The staff report will be available seven days prior to the hearing; copies will be available at cost. This notice is sent by the authority of the Forest Grove City Council.
Anna D. Ruggles, City Recorder
Publish 09/14/2016. FGNT7645