NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
FOREST GROVE PLANNING COMMISSION
PUBLIC HEARINGS will be held before the Forest Grove Planning Commission to review the following:
PROPOSAL: Conditional use permit request to remodel an existing building for the purposes of cultivating, harvesting and packaging cannabis.
Location: 4114 Heather Street (Washington County tax lot 1S3050000800)
Applicant: Progressive Property Management
Owner: White Oak River
File Number: 311-16-000174-PLNG
Criteria: All of the following criteria must be met for approval of a new conditional use, or the major modification of an existing conditional use:
• The proposed use will be compatible with adjacent developments based on characteristics such as site size, building scale and style, se0tbacks, and landscaping; or
• The proposed use will mitigate differences in appearance or scale through setbacks, screening, landscaping, and other design features.
• The transportation system is capable of safely supporting the proposed use in addition to the existing uses in the area. Evaluation factors include street capacity and level of service, access to arterials, transit availability, on-street parking impacts, access requirements, neighborhood impacts, and pedestrian safety; and
• Public services for water supply, sanitary sewer, storm water disposal, police and fire protection are capable of serving the proposed use and previously-approved uses.
• The proposed conditional use will not have significant adverse impacts on the livability of nearby lands due to:
• Noise, glare from lights, late-night operations, odors, and litter; and
• Privacy and safety issues.
PROPOSAL: The applicant is requesting variances to two Development Code standards.
• The maximum driveway width in a General Industrial zone is 40 feet. The applicant is requesting a 52-foot-wide driveway.
• When the posted traffic speed is 25 mph, the required minimum distance between driveways is 105 feet. The applicant is requesting a reduction to 78 feet.
Location: 4115 24th Avenue (Washington County tax lot 1N332D000103)
Applicant: CIDA, Inc. Architecture and Engineering
Owner: W. Pendarvis Global Land (a.k.a. Old Trapper Smoked Products, Inc.)
File Number: 311-16-000179-PLNG
A. The need for the variance does not result from prior actions of the applicant or owner, or from personal circumstances of or caused by the applicant or owner, such as financial circumstances.
B. To meet the need, the request is the minimum necessary variation from the Code requirement.
C. The circumstances that apply to the site do not typically apply to other properties in the same vicinity or zoning district and are unique or unusual.
These Public Hearings will take place before the Forest Grove Planning Commission on Monday, October 17, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Auditorium, 1915 Main Street, in Forest Grove. At this time and place all persons will be given a reasonable opportunity to give testimony about these proposals. If an issue is not raised in the hearing (by person or by letter) or if the issue is not explained in sufficient detail to allow the Commission to respond to the issue, then that issue cannot be used for an appeal to the City Council or the Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA). If additional documents or evidence are provided in support of an application, any party shall be entitled to a continuance of the hearing. Unless there is a continuance, if a participant so requests before the conclusion of the initial evidentiary hearing, the record shall remain open for at least seven (7) days after the hearing. Information pertaining to these requests may be obtained from Senior Planner James Reitz at the Community Development Department, 1924 Council Street, (503) 992-3233, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (firstname.lastname@example.org). The staff reports will be available seven days prior to the hearing; copies will be available at cost. This notice is sent by the authority of the Forest Grove City Council.
Anna D. Ruggles, City Recorder
Publish 10/12/2016. FGNT15864446