IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE STATE OF OREGON FOR COLUMBIA COUNTY Juvenile Department In the Matter of HOPPER-SETTLEMIRE, CHANTZ RYTE A Child. Case No. 17JU01917 SUMMONS TO: Ellen Jo Ann Weaver 19255 SW Neugebauer Rd. Hillsboro, OR 97123-7844 IN THE NAME OF THE STATE OF OREGON: A petition has been filed asking the court to terminate your parental rights to the above-named child for the purpose of placing the child for adoption. A copy of the petition is attached. You are directed to personally appear before the Columbia County Court at Columbia County Circuit Court, 230 Strand Street, St. Helens, OR 97051, on the 17th day of July, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. to admit or deny the allegations of the petition and at any subsequent court-ordered hearing. You must appear personally in the courtroom on the date and at the time listed above. An attorney may not attend the hearing in your place. Therefore, you must appear even if your attorney also appears. NOTICE READ THESE PAPERS CAREFULLY If you do not appear personally before the court as directed above, or do not appear at any subsequent court-ordered hearing, the court may proceed in your absence and without further notice TERMINATE YOUR PARENTAL RIGHTS to the above-named child either on the date specified in THIS SUMMONS OR ON A FUTURE DATE, and may make such orders and take such action as authorized by law. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS (1) You have a right to be represented by an attorney in this matter. If you are currently represented by an attorney, CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIVING THIS NOTICE. Your previous attorney may not be representing you in this matter. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, and you meet the state’s :financial guidelines, you are entitled to have an attorney appointed for you at state expense. To request appointment of an attorney to represent you at state expense, you must immediately contact the Columbia County Juvenile Department 244 Strand St, St Helens, OR 97051, phone number 503.397.0275, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for further information. If you wish to hire an attorney, please retain one as soon as possible and have the attorney present at the above hearing. If you need help :finding an attorney, you may call the Oregon State Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service at (503) 684-3763 or toll free in Oregon at (800) 452-7636. If you are represented by an attorney, it is your responsibility to maintain contact with your attorney and to keep your attorney advised of your whereabouts. (2) If you contest the petition, the court will schedule a hearing on the allegations of the petition and order you to appear personally and may schedule other hearings related to the petition and order you to appear personally. If you are ordered to appear, you must appear personally in the courtroom, unless the court has granted you an exception in advance under ORS 419B.918 to appear by other means including, but not limited to, telephonic or other electronic means. An attorney may not attend the hearing(s) in your place. PETITIONER’S ATTORNEY Patrick G. Ward Assistant Attorney General Department of Justice 100 SW Market Street Portland, OR 97201 Phone: (971) 673-1880 ISSUED this day of March, 2017. Issued by: Patrick G. Ward #024788 Assistant Attorney General Publish 06/23, 06/30, 07/07/2017. SCS15904830

ad: 15904830

Publication: OPC Legals

Section: OPC Legals

Start Date: 06/23/2017

End Date: 07/07/2017