CITY OF CANBY NOTICE OF CITY MEASURE ELECTION FOR THE NOVEMBER 2, 2021 ELECTION Measure 3-567 NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, an election will be held in the City of Canby, Clackamas County, Oregon. The following shall be the ballot title for the measure to be submitted to the voters of the City on this date: CAPTION: FIVE-YEAR LOCAL OPTION LEVY FOR SWIM CENTER OPERATIONS. QUESTION: SHALL THE CITY IMPOSE $0.49 PER $1,000.00 OF ASSESSED PROPERTY VALUE FOR FIVE YEARS, 2022-2027, FUNDING SWIM CENTER OPERATIONS? THIS MEASURE RENEWS CURRENT LOCAL OPTIONS TAXES. SUMMARY: Since 1970, the Canby Swim Center has provided swimming lessons for all ages, water exercise and therapy classes, lap swimming, water safety training, parent-child classes, the Canby Gators swim club and the Penguin Club (a junior swim team during the summer). The Canby Swim Center also partners with Canby Schools to provide a place for practice and competitions. It is also available for private rentals and events. Currently, funding for the maintenance and operation of the Canby Swim Center is provided by three sources including fees, concession sales, and the five-year Swim Center Levy last approved by voters in 2016. According to the forecasted Swim Center budget for 2022, the fees and concession sales will only provide approximately 20% of the total operating revenue leaving the remaining 80% to be funded by the local option levy. Renewal of this levy would allow the swim center to continue to maintain the present level of service and provide scheduled, necessary maintenance for the Swim Center for next five years. Absent the passage of this levy there is no identified source of additional funding to keep the Swim Center operating. The Canby Swim Center is currently staffed with a full-time, certified Facility Operator, a full-time, certified Program Manager, and a full-time Program Coordinator, as well as part-time certified lifeguards and swim instructors. This renewal is a continuation of the same rate currently paid throughout the last five years under the current swim levy. This levy is based on a fixed rate of $0.49 per $1,000 of assessed property value. The estimated total amount of money to be raised by this tax levy is approximately $5,005,114 over the five year period. The estimated tax cost for this measure is an ESTIMATE ONLY based on the best information available from the county assessor. The following authorized local government official hereby certifies that the above ballot title is true and complete, which includes completion of the ballot title challenge process. Melissa Bisset City Recorder Publish October 6, 2021 CH215625

ad: 215625

Publication: OPC Legals 2

Section: Legals

Start Date: 2021/10/06

End Date: 2021/10/06

Owner: City of Canby


County: Clackamas